cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Certificate Problem (Another Authorize.net Outage)

THIS PROBLEM HAS RETURNED! 

CURL ERROR: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Yesterday, working in the sandbox was fine (I've been working fine all week long), then this morning I started testing again, and first thing I get is this message!

I've done a quick search and found a couple of articles referencing this back in 2015, but it was supposedly solved.

Is anybody else having this problem? How did you fix it?  BTW, I have not changed anything on my system since yesterday when it was working fine.

Regards,

Dan Luevano

danlagi32
29 REPLIES 29

Same issue for me.

I'm using composer so the cert.pem file was at vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/ssl/cert.pem.

Took me a second to catch on...

Hopefully, we get fair warning next time.

We apologize for the serious inconvenience faced by all the Sandbox developers.

1. The issues is caused by the change in the certificate used for verification. We will release a fix for the PHP SDK by 25th March.
  2. More debug information will be added for each request, so that  issues summary can be seen without looking at the log file.
  3. We will surely put in a process for any certificate updates and release them in time, so that no such issues occur in future.

Sincerely

Ashutosh Singh

ashu
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer

We apologize for the serious inconvenience faced by all the Sandbox developers.

1. The issues is caused by the change in the certificate used for verification by the sandbox endpoint. The fix is to add the new certificate to your cert.pem file. We will release a fix for the SDK by 25th March.
  2. We will surely put in a process for any certificate updates and release them in time, so that no such issues occur in future.

Sincerely

Ashutosh Singh

ashu
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer

Could this SSL change have effected other platforms, like .NET or the .NET SDK? Most of the talk has been around Curl and the PHP SDK. I'm using a System.Net.HttpWebRequest and 5% of my transactions respond with 500 internal server error, while through postman they are all fine and none of them fail. I was sandbox testing in February for my Hosted CIM deprecation - Accept Customer upgrade - everything was fine in February, but now i'm seeing some random failures this week.

BillTheCat
Contributor

Updating the cert worked for me too!

mvb89b

Hi do we need to rename cacert.pem to cert.pem.

I still cannot getting to work by replacing cert.pem with cacert.pem.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks.

Hello I tried to do this anc cannot get it to work.

Is there anthing else that is needed to be done other than replacing cert.pem with cacert.pem?

I also tried to rename cacert.pem to cert.pem after copying in ssl forder and no luck as well.

Can someone help please. Thanks.

We were able to fix the issue by grabbing the latest cert.pem from GitHub.

Will the latest cert.pem file work with all sandbox and production accounts? I have a plugin for Authorize.net that needs this file to be updated but I want to make sure that all sandbox and production accounts would work with the same file so I can update the plugin and release it to the public.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

I have a plugin that uses the SDK and I had to update the cert.pem file so that it work on a few sandbox account.

Will the latest cert.pem file from GitHub work across all sandbox and production accounts?

Is it safe to update my plugin to use the latest cert.pem file? 
Can you confirm this file will work across all sandbox and production accounts?

Thanks!

Thank you! The link to http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem is now broken, but replacing lib/ssl/cert.pem with the one currently on Github fixed this issue for me. It is working for me on both sandbox and production accounts.