cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample code worked Friday, not working today

I'm just trying to get started integrating CIM with a client's site. I use PHP, and the code shown below worked last Friday. It issued a confirmation message and a new customer profile number. Today, without any changes whatever, it does nothing. Interestingly, when I called the help desk and they asked me for the response string, I tried to echo the string to the screen so that I could fulfill their request. Not only will the string not display, it crashes the program entirely, and an echo after that line never is performed. I'm stymied!

<?

$link_id = mysql_connect("localhost", "reowned", "Claude8812");

mysql_select_db("reowned", $link_id);

$first=$_GET['first'];

$last=$_GET['last'];

$email=$_GET['email'];

$type=$_GET['type'];

$sql="insert into applicants (type, first, last, email, status) values (" . $type . ",'" . $first . "', '" . $last . "', '" . $email . "', 1)"; echo $sql;

//mysql_query($sql) or die("died");

//$query="SELECT last_insert_id()"; //$db_data=mysql_query($query); //while($rslast=mysql_fetch_array($db_data)) {

//$id=$rslast[0];

//}    

require_once 'anet_php_sdk/AuthorizeNet.php';    

define("AUTHORIZENET_API_LOGIN_ID", "xxxxxxxxx");

define("AUTHORIZENET_TRANSACTION_KEY", "xxxxxxxxxx");    

$request = new AuthorizeNetCIM;    

// Create new customer profile    

$customerProfile                    = new AuthorizeNetCustomer;    

$customerProfile->description       = $first . " " . $last;    

$customerProfile->merchantCustomerId= time();    

$customerProfile->email             = $email;    

$response = $request->createCustomerProfile($customerProfile);    

if ($response->isOk()) {        

$customerProfileId = $response->getCustomerProfileId();    

}

// echo "resp=" . $response;  

echo "ID=" . $CustomerProfileID;

//$sql="update applicants set profileid='" . $CustomProfileID . "' where id=" . $id;

//mysql_query($sql);

?>

takabyte
Contributor
10 REPLIES 10

Did the insert to mysql applicants works?

Can you echo something before and after the line

$response = $request->createCustomerProfile($customerProfile); 

to see if the request get process before it crashes?

Did someone regenerate the transaction key. It happen.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

The insert did work. I put in echoes before and after the line, as requested, and both do display. And, yes, the first thing I did when it failed  this morning was to create a new transaction key and put it in the program. It didn't help. And it actually doesn't crash, so long as you don't try to echo the $response variable. If you do, nothing after that will work, and it doesn't echo anything.

There is

$response->getErrorMessage();

$response->getResultCode();

$response->getMessageCode();

$response->getMessageText();

See if you can echo those after the createCustomerProfile($customerProfile);

None of them will work. I should say it fails on the first one. Last message echoed is "got here also,"

which immediately precedes $response->getErrorMessage();

The single idea that seems most likely to me is that the login ID and transaction key are somehow invalid. I have a set of test codes that were given to me when I signed up for a test account. I'd be happy to supply those codes to you if that would be helpful in getting to the bottom of this issue. I really need to get authorize.net working, and I can't even get off the ground.

Can you get to the https://apitest.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api site on your browser.

Sound like it fail to connect to authorize.net.

You might need to debug the SDKs source code.

The earlier test was on IE. Running that same page on Chrome yields:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Might be failing in _sendRequest in AuthorizeNetRequest.php

So, how would I know? I think that if I could just get any code that uses authorize.net's CIM API to work, I would be off to the races. Do you have any other sample code that I could try, that would perhaps let me know if it wasn't getting to ANet at all?