cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox - The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

I am attempting to set up authorize.net as a payment gateway for the first time, integrating with webassist ecart 6.

I created a sandbox account and have added my api login id and transaction key,

I received an email form authorize.net saying my sandbox account was active.

Whenever I attempt to make a payment, using one of the test card accounts, the transaction fails.

The only message I get is "The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

I have checked my settings, but the account seems to be active, and my api key and transaction key have been corredtly entered

I have toggled my account between test mode and live mode, still no joy, (it should be in test mode right) ?

crush123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The sandbox account should NOT be in test mode. There is no reason for it to be in testmode on a sandbox account.

It the ecart 6 using the sandbox server/url(test.authorize.net)  or the production server/url(secure.authorize.net)?

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

The sandbox account should NOT be in test mode. There is no reason for it to be in testmode on a sandbox account.

It the ecart 6 using the sandbox server/url(test.authorize.net)  or the production server/url(secure.authorize.net)?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

ok, i have changed the test mode back to live mode

I checked though the pages created by ecart 6 and it was using the production server https://secure.authorize.net.

i have now changed this to the sandbox server and my transaction is successful.

many thanks for your help