cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox won't process transactions (response code 3)

Trying to verify a new version of my software works, using my Sandbox account to run transactions. I just generated a new transaction key, and I'm using that, but I can't actually process any payments using the test card numbers here: http://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/testing_guide/

All I'm getting are "response_code" 3 when using ActiveMerchant. The URL it's testing against is https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Here's what ActiveMerchant gives me:

#<ActiveMerchant::Billing::Response:0x007f96cd81f7c0 @params={"response_code"=>3,
"response_reason_code"=>"265",
"response_reason_text"=>"This transaction cannot be processed.",
"avs_result_code"=>"P",
"transaction_id"=>"0",
"card_code"=>"",
"authorization_code"=>"000000",
"cardholder_authentication_code"=>"",
"action"=>"AUTH_CAPTURE"},
@message="(TESTMODE) This transaction cannot be processed",
@success=false,
@Test=true,
@authorization="0",
@fraud_review=false,
@avs_result={"code"=>"P",
"message"=>"Postal code matches,
but street address not verified.",
"street_match"=>nil,
"postal_match"=>"Y"},
@cvv_result={"code"=>nil,
"message"=>nil}>

Can anyone help?

subimage
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @subimage

It may help to know what was included in your request resulting in a decline.  Also, you should not use test mode in the sandbox.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Richard, thanks for the response.

I tried using TESTMODE and without it - same response. I simply included name, address, credit card, expiration date, etc. Whatever I included was declined. I tried all of the test cards on the page I linked, and multiple fake names / addresses, then my real name and address. None of it worked.

Are you attempting to submit a Solution ID with the transaction request?  When testing in the sandbox, you must use a test solution id from the Solution ID Integration Guide.

Richard 

The "Solution ID" was it. Thank you! That must be a new thing since I last tested this manually with the sandbox. (2013?)

One more question - I don't have a reseller account nor do I wish to have one - but it appears that I have to apply for one if I want to create a custom "Solution ID" for production purposes? Can I just submit the name of my app as that string?

What's the point/purpose of creating a custom Solution ID? Is it possible to get credited with a % of the transactions processed if I have no part in selling the Authorize.net gateway accounts?

You must join our partner program to obtain a solution id, but you are not required to refer merchants (to earn commissions).  You can choose the parts of our program make sense for you.  Partners DO get early access and notice for upcoming features.

Solution ID allows you to identify the software application connecting to the payment gateway. In the case of active merchant, this would your application calling the module.   The solution id appears with each transaction in the merchant interface and can be useful for identifying potential problems and confirming the application being used with the gateway.

Including solution id also makes your good work visible to Authorize.Net, which can help you become eligible for additional benefits.

I hope this helps.

Richard