cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting the best API(s) (.NET Website and POS through webservices)

I am currently putting together a website (.NET 4, MVC 2) that processes online payments and feeds a database (SQL).  Along with the website, we will be building a in store POS system (.NET Win Forms) which will receive and push data to the same database through webservices.  The POS system will obviously be card present transactions, but will be ultimately submitted to Authorize .NET through a webservice that resides on the same server that hosts the website, this will allow for ordering code reuse.  

Based on what I have read, AIM seems right for the website e-commerce and Card Present API seems right for the POS.  Can these be used in conjunction?  Will Card Present API work for multiple POS systems (different locations) calling same server through webservices, then calling authorize .net?

HELP with these questions and anything else I am not considering is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks! 

cceccanti
6 REPLIES 6

The Card Present API can be used by multiple POS systems, but it cannot be used on the same Authorize.Net account that you are using for eCommerce.  The use of both Card Present and Card Not Present (AIM) will require the use of two separate Authorize.Net accounts.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Is there any (#C/VB) sample code that you (or anyone) can point me to as how to create a simple webservice with the AIM API?

Thanks in advance!

byin

Sure is! Check out our sample code page for all the samples we have available.

Good luck!

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle, thank you for the link to sample code! However, I had looked at the .NET (both C# & VB) sample code there before, it has no example of creating/using web service using the AIM API.

Any one has some sample code/ideas to share?

Thanks!

Gotcha. Well, hopefully someone will have examples of what you're looking for. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Michelle
Developer Community Manager

I can't get any of your sample code to work due to compile errors.  Why haven't you upgraded to .Net 4 yet?