cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling products for multiple companies from one Authorize.net account?

I assume there's no problem with this, but I just want to make sure. My parents' business has an Authorize.net account set up (including Cybersource merchant account, I believe) as of some months ago. We never got around to actually integrating it. Now my brother is about to start selling software through his site. Rather than wait for a new account approval, which could take some time, I would like to use my parents' account to charge credit cards in the interim. Is there any rule against doing this? It would only be for a few weeks at most. The object is to get more experience with customers using DPM prior to my parents starting to sell their magazine through the account, as well as to eliminate the wait time for my brother.

TJPride
Expert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I called Authorize.net support, they said it was a merchant-specific thing. I called Cybersource, they said that -technically- it's a violation, since they have to report on income to the IRS and so on, but they don't actually look at where the transactions are coming from or why, so as long as we're accounting for everything properly on the back end I guess we're good to go.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

I called Authorize.net support, they said it was a merchant-specific thing. I called Cybersource, they said that -technically- it's a violation, since they have to report on income to the IRS and so on, but they don't actually look at where the transactions are coming from or why, so as long as we're accounting for everything properly on the back end I guess we're good to go.

TJPride
Expert
Hello. I am an ISO in the payments industy. This is strongly recommended against since it offers no chargeback protection for you. The other merchants business name will show up on your customers bank statement the term is called factoring you can find more info on visa site under merchants rules and regulations. Visa could actually take your friends processing privileges away if visa found out

Let me know if I can be us assistance.

Sean
Revolution payments systems