cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 21 woes - transaction cannot be accepted

A custom PHP shopping cart stopped processing transactions when the Sept 21 update went into effect, so I am trying to figure out a solution. I downloaded the PHP SDK from github today and installed it on server. I confirmed that the domain has an SHA-2 enabled SSL cert using https://shaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com/ 

I am testing the connection using a piece of code adapted from an authorize.net sample...

<?php
define("AUTHORIZENET_API_LOGIN_ID", "xxxxxxxxx");
define("AUTHORIZENET_TRANSACTION_KEY", "xxxxxxxxxxx");
define("AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX", true);
require('autoload.php');
$sale = new AuthorizeNetAIM;
$sale->amount = "5.99";
$sale->card_num = '6011000000000012';
$sale->exp_date = '04/16';
$response = $sale->authorizeAndCapture();
if ($response->approved) {
$transaction_id = $response->transaction_id;
}
echo '<pre>';
print_r($response);
echo '</pre>';
?>

When I run the script with my sandbox credentials and the sandbox set to true, it works fine. When I switch to my regular api login, put the account into test mode, and set sandbox to false, I get this error: 

Response Code: 3
Response Subcode: 1
Response Reason Code: 103
Response Reason Text: (TESTMODE) This transaction cannot be accepted.

It sure seems like the sandbox and the production server have some different requirements. Any suggestions?

perfectweb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsereasoncode/

Response Reason Text: A valid fingerprint, or transaction key is required for this transaction.

Integration Team Suggestions: This error is generated when your account is in "Password-Required Mode" and you are not sending a valid password, transaction key or hash fingerprint with your transaction request, which is a recommended security measure.

Please consider the following details when encountering this error:

• If you are using SIM, make sure you are using a valid transaction key to generate and send a fingerprint hash to us along with your transaction request.
  • If you are using AIM please make sure you are posting the gateway defined field x_tran_key.
  • If you are using a third party shopping cart which uses AIM and are receiving this error, please check with your shopping cart provider to ask if your application can pass the transaction key to the Authorize.Net payment gateway.
  • If you are using an older Authorize.Net account and you submit a password instead of a transaction key with your transactions, you may experience this error. Please ensure that you are posting a transaction key instead.
  • Some shopping carts, for backwards compatibility with older connection methods, may provide the means to submit both a transaction key and a password. You should not use both the transaction key and the password simultaneously; doing so may also result in this error. We recommend using the transaction key instead of the password whenever possible, as transaction keys tend to be more secure than passwords. In such a situation, please leave the password field blank

If the shopping cart has a field for the password but no field for the transaction key, please put the transaction key in the password field. Our system will recognize and validate the transaction key properly.

Also, while most shopping cart software will have a field for the transaction key, password, or both, some software may not. Please contact your shopping cart provider for details on how to upgrade to a more secure version of your shopping cart software. In an emergency, you may submit transactions without a transaction key, by disabling Password-Required Mode in your account. You may find details in our Password-Required Mode knowledge base document.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsereasoncode/

Response Reason Text: A valid fingerprint, or transaction key is required for this transaction.

Integration Team Suggestions: This error is generated when your account is in "Password-Required Mode" and you are not sending a valid password, transaction key or hash fingerprint with your transaction request, which is a recommended security measure.

Please consider the following details when encountering this error:

• If you are using SIM, make sure you are using a valid transaction key to generate and send a fingerprint hash to us along with your transaction request.
  • If you are using AIM please make sure you are posting the gateway defined field x_tran_key.
  • If you are using a third party shopping cart which uses AIM and are receiving this error, please check with your shopping cart provider to ask if your application can pass the transaction key to the Authorize.Net payment gateway.
  • If you are using an older Authorize.Net account and you submit a password instead of a transaction key with your transactions, you may experience this error. Please ensure that you are posting a transaction key instead.
  • Some shopping carts, for backwards compatibility with older connection methods, may provide the means to submit both a transaction key and a password. You should not use both the transaction key and the password simultaneously; doing so may also result in this error. We recommend using the transaction key instead of the password whenever possible, as transaction keys tend to be more secure than passwords. In such a situation, please leave the password field blank

If the shopping cart has a field for the password but no field for the transaction key, please put the transaction key in the password field. Our system will recognize and validate the transaction key properly.

Also, while most shopping cart software will have a field for the transaction key, password, or both, some software may not. Please contact your shopping cart provider for details on how to upgrade to a more secure version of your shopping cart software. In an emergency, you may submit transactions without a transaction key, by disabling Password-Required Mode in your account. You may find details in our Password-Required Mode knowledge base document.
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I discovered client had generated a new transaction key without telling me, so this was not related to the Sept 21 update. Sorry.

perfectweb