cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Settled batch list yes/no question

Here is the background. Question follows.

I have a script that integrates the transaction reporting API. The purpose is to output a table that has my clients backend database records side by side with the records on file with authorize.net. There are two scenarios that consistently happen, always one of the two. One is our records match authorize, meaning that we have the exact same number of transactions as authorize. The other is that our records have more orders than authorize.

In the case where we have more orders, it is always a list of transactions that have settled that day that makes the difference. So refund successfully settled, successfully settled etc. I am trying to find out if there is some flaw in my programming or if this is just how it works. To help I am asking the below question-

Question:

When you run a settled batch list to pull settled transactions, will it pull transactions that have settled for the day that you run the report?

To give an example, if I run the report on Jan 07 for 7 days, will it have all settled transactions for Jan 1st through Jan 7th? Or will it only include transactions that settled on or before January 06?
Renaissance
All Star
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The getSettledBatchListRequest Api will get you the settled batch ids for the given date range. To get transactions in each batch you will need to call the getTransactionListRequest Api with a batch id  from the first Api call. All transactions with the status Captured/Pending Settlement, Refund, Decline or General Error are eligible for settlement and are automatically settled once every 24 hours. There can be multiple batches in a day.

A batch settled on 1st of Jan will include transactions from the previous day depending on the Transaction Cut-Off Time specified within your account. The default Transaction Cut-Off Time is 3:00 PM Pacific time. All transactions submitted before the Transaction Cut-Off Time will be settled that day.

View solution in original post

rahulr
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer
3 REPLIES 3
Bumping this up. Can I get a yes or no to the following-

When you run a settled batch list to pull settled transactions, will it pull transactions that have settled for the day that you run the report? - this is what I need a yes or no for. An example of what I mean is below.

To give an example, if I run the report on Jan 07 for 7 days, will it have all settled transactions for Jan 1st through Jan 7th? Or will it only include transactions that settled on or before January 06?

Thank you for your outstanding products and servic.
Renaissance
All Star

The getSettledBatchListRequest Api will get you the settled batch ids for the given date range. To get transactions in each batch you will need to call the getTransactionListRequest Api with a batch id  from the first Api call. All transactions with the status Captured/Pending Settlement, Refund, Decline or General Error are eligible for settlement and are automatically settled once every 24 hours. There can be multiple batches in a day.

A batch settled on 1st of Jan will include transactions from the previous day depending on the Transaction Cut-Off Time specified within your account. The default Transaction Cut-Off Time is 3:00 PM Pacific time. All transactions submitted before the Transaction Cut-Off Time will be settled that day.

rahulr
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer
Thank you. I do run the other API call you mentioned. I have a massive set of scripts that runs pretty much every method call under Transaction Reporting in the reference, among others. Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m asking, as it gets painful to debug this thing and I see nothing wrong with it.

I think I understand your answer and it sounds like on the example where you pull batches on January 01, if I have transactions that settled on January 1, it is possible they will not be in the batch I pull on January 01, even if they are in the merchant interface as settled. That would explain why my clients records sometimes have settled transactions that arenโ€™t on the authorize.net column of the table my script creates.