cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a Credit Card across multiple merchant accounts?

Our business sells products from multiple suppliers. Each of these suppliers will have their own merchant account, and submitting an order will then create multiple payments, one for each supplier.

We'd like a shopper to only have to save their credit card once and use it with many merchants. Customer profile seems like it works within the context of a single merchant but we're wondering if there's a higher level like "merchant network" where cards can be stored across several merchants.

Another thought is possibly to create the credit card in each of the merchant accounts but there are many suppliers and what happens when a new supplier is added. It gets tricky. How else might we solve for this? We'd like to use something that makes it easy to be PCI compliant
crhistianr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @crhistianr

We are working on a feature called Shared CIM profiles ( vault ) where in one time token can be generated  from a CIM profile to another merchant(MID)  leveraging OAuth for  one time transactions  .  The cards will be only added in the main CIM account only for sharing .

I believe this will solve your use case also . 

For more details you can reach out to  me  at developer_feedback@authorize.net 

Will keep you posted on the updates when it comes out . 

Thanks

Anurag

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

View solution in original post

Anurag
Moderator Moderator
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @crhistianr

We are working on a feature called Shared CIM profiles ( vault ) where in one time token can be generated  from a CIM profile to another merchant(MID)  leveraging OAuth for  one time transactions  .  The cards will be only added in the main CIM account only for sharing .

I believe this will solve your use case also . 

For more details you can reach out to  me  at developer_feedback@authorize.net 

Will keep you posted on the updates when it comes out . 

Thanks

Anurag

Anurag
Moderator Moderator

Anurag,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

In the meantime it sounds like as a work-around we will not allow users to save their credit cards and instead will be using one-time credit cards for all transactions. 

What mechanism do I have for checking that the credit card is valid before submitting it for payment? I was looking at the authOnlyTransaction but I think that is better suited at the time of order submit when I am certain payment amounts won't change. Is there some method I can call to just validate that the card details (number, expiration date etc)

Hi @crhistianr

You can use the validationMode for it 

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles-create-customer-profile

validationMode Indicates the processing mode for the request. If the customer profile contains no payment data, this field should not be sent.

String.

Use testMode to perform a Luhn mod-10 check on the card number, without further validation. Use liveMode to submit a zero-dollar or one-cent transaction (depending on card type and processor support) to confirm the card number belongs to an active credit or debit account.

Anurag! You're the best, man. I appreciate you

Hi All , 

We are inviting interested merchants for early  preview for our Shared CIM feature now . 

if interested please email me at developer_feedback@authorize.net 

Thanks

Anurag 

Hi @Anurag , is the Shared CIM still in preview or production? Can we get a link to the documentation?

Hi @jayagnew1 

Its in a preview stage . you can reach out to me on developer_feedback@authorize.net for getting more information on it . 

Thanks

Anurag

Hi @Anurag,

We are trying to setup our test application but https://localhost is not allowed. Is there something special we have to so we can use the localhost ...

I did not see anything in the help documents or the forums.

Thanks! Jay.

@Anuragjust wanted to follow up on this or see if anyone else has had to address this.