cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silent Post URL and customer's IP address

Hi,

I am developing an application that leverages the Silent Post URL function. 

From my initial testing, I do not see the customer's IP address as one of things passed as part of the Silent URL post. This could be because I have been testing using the virtual terminal where IP address is not an available field. I was wondering if the customer's IP address will be available if this was a web based transaction.

Alternatively, I can get the customer's IP address is by using the API to retrieve the full order details. But this method requires the users to submit their API Login ID and Transaction key. Authorize.net in their documentation advises users against giving this out given security concerns. This will naturally cause some friction when users sign up/setup.

dodotech
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes. is not in the silent post response. and yes you can use the Transaction Detail API to get it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

can't you just use Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR") to get the ip address?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Where would you use that? In the listener script that receives the Silent URL Post?

No, on the page that call authorize.net

Oh ok. Yeah, I'm trying to see if it is possible to extract it from just the information delievered via Silent URL post. As far as I can see, the Silent URL post doesn't include the IP but wondering if I am missing something. I have to get it from the transaction API.

Yes. is not in the silent post response. and yes you can use the Transaction Detail API to get it.

Got it. Thanks for confirming that and your help.