cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Post is empty

Hi,

We are getting strange behavious with Silent Posts having an empty request body. This happens sporadically. We are using AIM.

This situation is described in this post

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/POST-data-in-Silent-Post-is-empt...

The solution in the above post is to not use redirects after placing a purchase, we need to stop the page process and redirect to a thank_you_page. How to deal with this issue? Can I instead return html that will request the thank_you_page?

ASP.NET Example:

sub Page_Load()

{

processAIM();

redirectToThankYouPage();

Response.End();

}

Thanks

mkleyzit84
11 REPLIES 11

We rely on Authorize.net service for our monthly and quarterly subscriptions. On every renewal date, our licensing server must receive a meaningful silent post to extend the customer’s license. If you suggest  to poll detail transaction API, then I don’t see how that is practical in our case. Am I missing anything?

Also, is there any way to resolve the core problem with instability of silent posts? Is there anything we can change on our end? Are we the only ones with this issue?

Thank you

If you are 100% sure it is not a programming/setup issue, call support and see if they see anything out of the ordinary.