cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Post issue using SIM

I am a developer with a test account.  If I test using Authorize .Net’s virtual terminal, my silent post works. If I submit a form (using the SIM process), it does not work. What I mean by not work is my silent post simply writes out a txt file to my output folder on my server.

Here are my questions:

1) Will silent post work with a test account via the (SIM) form submit process?

2) Does Silent Post even work with SIM? If so, why did Auth.Net remove it from the SIM documentation?

3) I was told via Authorize .Net’s phone support that if you use Silent Post, you can’t also use Relay Response, because posting via a form will null and void the Silent Post if Relay Response is used. Is this true? I am currently only using Silent Post anyway.

Here is my form that I use to post:

<input id="HiddenValue" type="hidden" value="Initial Value" runat="server" />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_login' id='x_login' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_version' id='x_version' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_cust_id' id='x_cust_id' />

<input type="hidden" name='x_rename' value='x_cust_id, Inmate ID'/>

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_amount' id='x_amount' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_description' id='x_description' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_invoice_num' id='x_invoice_num' />

<input type='hidden' runat='server' name='x_inmate_first_name' id='x_inmate_first_name' />

<input type='hidden' runat='server' name='x_inmate_middle_name' id='x_inmate_middle_name' />

<input type='hidden' runat='server' name='x_inmate_last_name' id='x_inmate_last_name' />

<input type='hidden' runat='server' name='x_inmate_dob' id='x_inmate_dob' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_fp_sequence' id='x_fp_sequence' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_fp_timestamp' id='x_fp_timestamp' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_fp_hash' id='x_fp_hash' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_method' id='x_method' />

<input type='hidden' runat="server" name='x_test_request' id='x_test_request' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' />

<input type='submit' runat="server" id='buttonLabel' />

The values for these hidden types are valid for the credit card process completes successfully, except for the fact that my Silent Post does not work. Am I missing something in the form post that would cause my Silent Post not to work?

Again, this works when I use the virtual terminal to enter the credit card information.

Thank you in advance for your help.

eis
3 REPLIES 3

1) It should work with any transaction that's submitted properly. Transactions submitted in test mode (this is different from a test account) may not, however, trigger the silent post, since they're not real transactions.

2) Because there's no reason to use silent post with SIM, given that you can just turn on relay response and use it as part of the SIM process. Silent post is only absolutely needed for ARB.

3) I have no idea what you're saying.

Please supply the actual form you're submitting for SIM, with real values filled in rather than dummy ones. Just view source on the page in your web browser and copy and paste the HTML, after **** out your login ID and transaction key. Also tell us what you're getting back from Authorize.net when you submit, and whether the transaction shows up in your control panel (if it doesn't, the problem is in your form, not in the silent post).

TJPride
Expert

Can you please tell what is the relay response? Is it the post that is made when you click on the button that takes you to the merchant's website?

Secondly, is this relay response the final confirmation of the payment receipt if the payment is processed successfully.

Regards,

Asif

With DPM, or SIM if you have relay response turned on, you submit a form to Authorize.net. Authorize.net collects the credit card data and/or processes the transaction, then calls your relay response page with the order data and success / fail. Your relay response page then checks the success / fail and generates a Javascript redirect (passed back to Authorize.net and then to the customer) that takes the customer to a receipt / error page. The relay response page, since it receives the order data, is also often used to update your database before passing the Javascript back.

Silent post is different, in that it sits outside the processing flow entirely and just gets a post from Authorize.net whenever any transaction is processed. It's generally used with ARB to pick up transactions that Authorize.net processes automatically.