cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Post not coming

Hello,

I have set silent post URL at Account --> Settings --> Silent Post URL

When payment is done, I am not getting any silent post call on this page.

I have created a subscription and one payment of this subscription is already done but I did not get any call to silent post page.

what could be the possible reasons ?

whenever any call comes to silent post, I am storing posted data in log so by checking log, I can confirm that silent post was called or not.

Thanks

Kiran Suthar.

KiranSuthar
8 REPLIES 8

Have you tested your Silent Post script by submitting your own data to make sure it works?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thanks for replying and spending your time to this post.

Yes, I have tested it. Let me give more details on this.

We have two servers (1) Development and (2) QA server.

silent post is fully tested on development server with subscriptions with real credit card and dummy credit card both.

For both cases, it is working fine.

Now we put code on QA server, we are using the same Auth.Net account on QA server too. but now as server is changed URL is also changed, so we have updated silent post URL in the Auth.net account.

I have manually tested this URL by copying URL from Auth.net account and pasting it in browser. URL is working and it gets logged in our system so there is no problem of the URL.

but now we are not getting silent post for the ARB payments. so this is the problem and my client is nervous for this.

Note that the URL has https:// format (i.e. secure page) earlier we had normal http page. so can this be a problem ?

Thanks,

Kiran Suthar

https:// should not be a problem. It sounds like everything is ok on your end. Hopefully someone from Authnet can chime in and offer additional insight as to what the potential problem might be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Hi Kiran,

It sounds like you've got everything set up correctly. Is this still not working? If it's not, please send an email to developer@authorize.net and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi Michelle -

I have been trying to figure out why my silent post is not capturing any data; I have contacted your developers and applied every thing they recommended.

The silent post url is getting called but not capturing any data; the $_POST is empty.

Hello Everyonoe,

I’m having merchant account on Authorize.net and I’m using AIM+ARB.

I’ve set the Silent Post URL for getting the ARB transaction details and updating my database. But problem is that I’m not getting in POST as response of silent post. Initially I thought might my server is slow and not having much time to receive response; so in the start of the page I’m writing the POST values to a text file; but there also no data is showing as a post.

I’m using the following code in the silent post for writing POST values to text file:

$f = fopen('silentpost.txt', 'a');

fwrite($f, 'new-request: ');

fwrite($f, date('Y-m-d H:i'));

fwrite($f, ' ' . print_r($_POST) . "\n\n GET BELOW:");

fwrite($f, ' ' . print_r($_GET) . "\n\n ");

fclose($f);

Could anyone please help me out in this.

Thanks in Advance.

print_r() will only print to the screen unless you pass the second parameter set as true. This will return the information instead of printing it.

$f = fopen('silentpost.txt', 'a');
fwrite($f, 'new-request: ');
fwrite($f, date('Y-m-d H:i'));
fwrite($f, ' ' . print_r($_POST, true) . "\n\n GET BELOW:");
fwrite($f, ' ' . print_r($_GET, true) . "\n\n ");
fclose($f);

Thanks Stymiee,

I'll check this in my next silent post date and will update you.

thanks once again.