cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Checkout Button Validation

Hi,

I am trying to use Simple Checkout to create items and get buttons that I can put on the corresponding pages of my site. I wanted to try this because currently when I get auto-receipt emails when testing as a customer on my site, the "description" field shows "Goods or Services". I need this email to show a specific service name, as it is for a trash pick-up service and the admin relies on the order confirmation email to schedule the pick-up. I thought perhaps the simple checkout items may be my solution for this, but I embed the button, click "Place Order" and it doesn't have any kind of validation for the fields on the form, nor does it send my admin email any details of the service.

Do I not need to use Simple Checkout for what I am trying to achieve? Is there a way I can change this description field?

Thanks

QHunt
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @QHunt,

Are you still facing the issue?

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

Following up with this question, is there a way to take the HTML form code for the simple checkout button and insert it into a custom CSS button I have made for our website? The current button provided doesnt match the aesthetic we are going for, and I have tried everything I can think of with no success. 

evanpbvs

Hi @QHunt,

Actually, In the mail receipt that you get as a customer, it has different sections something like this:

========= SECURITY STATEMENT ==========

It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : <Merchant Name (ID)>

Date/Time : DateTime PST

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice :

Description : Goods or Services

Amount : 1.00 (USD)

Payment Method: Visa <Masked Card Number>

Transaction Type: 

============== Line Items ==============

Item: Item ID

Description: Item Name

Item Description

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $1.00 (USD)

Item Total: $1.00 (USD)

============== RESULTS ==============

The information that you as a customer is looking for will be in Line Items. Order Information Section has general information for all the items. Hope this helps!!

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert

Hi @evanpbvs,

We will try and let you know if there's a way possible.

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert

Hi @evanpbvs,

You can replace the default image with input type ="submit" and style the button. Below is an example:

<html>
<head>
<title>Simple Checkout</title>
<style>
.submit {
background-color: #4CAF50;
border: none;
color: white;
padding: 15px 32px;
text-align: center;
text-decoration: none;
display: inline-block;
font-size: 16px;
margin: 4px 2px;
cursor: pointer;
}
</style>

</head>
<body>

<form name="PrePage" method = "post" action = "https://scotest.authorize.net/payment/CatalogPayment.aspx">
<input type = "hidden" name = "LinkId" value ="Your Link Id" />
<input type = "submit" class ="submit" value="Purchase Now!"/>

<!-- instead of input type ="image", I am using input type ="submit"-->
<!-- <input type = "image" src="//testcontent.authorize.net/images/buy-now-gold.gif" /> -->
</form>
</body>
</html>

Hope this helps!

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert
MCDVOICE

@QHunt wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use Simple Checkout to create items and get buttons that I can put on the corresponding pages of my site. I wanted to try this because currently when I get auto-receipt emails when testing as a customer on my site, the "description" field shows "Goods or Services". I need this email to show a specific service name, as it is for a trash pick-up service and the admin relies on the order confirmation email to schedule the pick-up. I thought perhaps the simple checkout items may be my solution for this, but I embed the button, click "Place Order" and it doesn't have any kind of validation for the fields on the form, nor does it send my admin email any details of the service.

Do I not need to use Simple Checkout for what I am trying to achieve? Is there a way I can change this description field?

Thanks

I am still having the same Issue. plz anyone help me??

Howard12