cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Checkout Validation

I have integrated simple check out form with my website, but i need to validate the fields that in checkout form. I tried submitting the values empty and the form got submitted. How i can do validation on these fields?

haseebkhilji
Contributor
18 REPLIES 18

I am using PHP. 
Basically my site is about buying credits for the site.
I am in test mode, i put all the required values like amount, description of the package and tax, in hidden post values. After the transaction, i got all the values from $_post array in relay_url, and then i set my business logic and display a thank you page (back to my site). 

Everything is complete except the form validation that is appearing at https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

What if the javascript disabled by the user? How can i let authorize.net do validation for me. I am worried about disabled javascript and credit card security flaw by using kind of third party validation. Please help!

The URL is http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Handling-Online-Payment...

For SIM you won't be able to do any validation because the page is on Authorize.net. All you can is set the field if it is required in the merchant account setting.

And you said you are running in TEST mode with a production account. A lot of thing do not work with TEST mode.

Get a test account and test it with live mode

Authorize.Net Test Account FAQs

I saw the code regarding CC# validation. This is like syntax validation, what if the card No. still unvalid or Out of money or expired?

Also please suggest me,

I just want that user from my website buy credits that will use in the site, simple checkout seems, you can create form within your website page. But the problem was, i am using codeigniter, and was unable to integrate it with my CI application. Thats why i choose current (DPM) method. Now i understand that, i need to handle validation by myself. I have still no idea about how i can make validation for  creadit card (Payment and expired - Not syntax error). Do i need to put validation code in my relay_url page? 

https://developer.authorize.net/api/howitworks/sim

this is currently happening with my application.

I also want to mention that i am not using php_sdk for it.

I saw the code regarding CC# validation. This is like syntax validation, what if the card No. still unvalid or Out of money or expired?

That was because I assume you use DPM. You can NOT do any SIM validation on Authorize.net CC info page.

Authorize.net will do simple validation like the length on the CC#, Luhn Formula for check digit, if the expiratedate enter is expirate, required fields are enter, etc. Then authorize.net send the info to your processor for process, only your processor will return if the CC is valid and if it have enough credit.

On your relay response page, you will need to check for the response code "1" to make sure it charge the CC#.

Alright! i understood. 

1. Now what should i do in order to validate all the fields and CC# right on the payment page?

2. As now you understand my application logic, can you suggest me METHOD for my requirements? (I don't have an ssl)

1. Now what should i do in order to validate all the fields and CC# right on the payment page?

You can NOT do any validation with SIM payment page.

2. As now you understand my application logic, can you suggest me METHOD for my requirements? (I don't have an ssl)

For SIM, check the result on your relay response page.