cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple as possible SIM integration

Hi,

Here's what I need to do:

1. Set up a form on my website, which asks the user to enter a reference number and amount (in $USD).

2. They submit these two values and go to Authorize.net to enter their credit card details.

So I've downloaded the Classic ASP SIM integration kit (this is integrating into a legacy site built on that language, so my brief is to keep it the same) which contains 3 files.  It has a simple form already set up which posts a reference number and a value, so that's ideal.  So I've not changed anything in this file at all, apart from the API Log-in ID and the Transaction Key.

I've also signed up for an Authorize test account to receive my API credentials which I've input into the script above.  I used the 'card present' option because my website users will have their credit cards - they will be making their own purchases online with their own cards; nothing more complex than that.

However, when I test this, I just get an error message:

(87) Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.

I've googled this and have read the reasons for this error message but really they don't make sense.  There are no transaction type settings in the default script I'm using, and I've started reading the 60 page 'card present' integration guide but it seems geared towards much more complex situations than mine, and includes lots of cart parameters (e.g. 'x_cpversion, x_market_type etc) which aren't explained.

So I'm stuck.

I think I need to create an 'x_market_type' variable to match my account, but I don't seem to have an account to log-in to check what the value is in my account, and it's just generally not making much sense!

Can anyone please suggest how to get this simple thing working?

Thanks folks...

danwednesday
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay, so I eventually found the answer (I think!).  Apparently an internet purchase is classed as a 'card not present' transaciton - even though the customer has the card.  So I registered for a new test account with 'card not present' as the payment type and the sample script now works.

A note on the sign-up form saying when to use 'card present' and 'card not present' would be really handy.

View solution in original post

danwednesday
2 REPLIES 2

Okay, so I eventually found the answer (I think!).  Apparently an internet purchase is classed as a 'card not present' transaciton - even though the customer has the card.  So I registered for a new test account with 'card not present' as the payment type and the sample script now works.

A note on the sign-up form saying when to use 'card present' and 'card not present' would be really handy.

danwednesday

Card present or not present is based on whether you have the card in your hand. The customer always has it in his.