cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple checkout return variable

We are using simple checkout method in asp language. Flow of the site is a person clicks on the buy button on our website lands on authorize payment gateway makes the payment. On the authentication of the payment on authorize the client should be redirected to our website over there we will get some other details from the person, if on the other hand if the payment is not done an error page should be displayed... I want to know is there a return variable from authorize payment gateway which we can integrate in out code to display either the error page or capture page?
Satya
8 REPLIES 8

Well, I know you can set a default URL by logging into the merchant control panel and going to Settings ->  Receipt Page -> Receipt Method. I also know there is a variable you can pass for receipt page (though you might have to allow it in the control panel as well). As to what that is, however - no idea. Can't find sample code, so  unless it's in part two of the form for creating a Simple Checkout item (again in the merchant control panel), I'm a bit stumped there. And there's no error page - I would guess that errors are handled on the Authorize.net end of things, since there are dozens or hundreds of possible errors and the whole idea of Simple Checkout is for you to not have to mess with complicated things.

TJPride
Expert

Hi Satya,

Simple Checkout does not allow these things to be configured programmatically. You can use Relay Response but for Simple Checkout your best option is to use Receipt Page with a receipt link. This will provide the customer with the status of their transaction and also include a link back to your website that has the transaction results embedded within it. Like what TJPRide said, you can set this by going to your Account tab, clicking on Transaction format Settings, then Receipt Page.

Thanks!

-Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

The link you provided for Relay Response is not found...

Can you repost it?

Hey,

Fixed the link above, but you can click here too. 

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Is there an example of how you specify a receipt page/receipt link and when you do this can it be an ASP page that has at iots disposal the txnid and if it has been authorized or not?

For Simple Checkout, you probably don't want to rely on the user clicking a link to finalize the order in your database. You are better off using either Silent Post, or switching to some other API such as SIM or DPM.

I'm using simple checkout on the sandbox and things work fine till the receipt url. I have a relay/reponse url configured and pointed towards my website.

Everything goes smooth and I get to see my website page once I submit the credit card details. The problem is I don't see any transaction id, response code(success or failure), Auth code etc in the post data. Only things I see is the first name last name card number etc what ever is been entered in the previous screen.

Am I missing something here. What should I do to get the transaction details, reponse codes etc on the post data on my page?

Thanks

jeyakumar3344

One way to see exact what fields are posting back, set your relay response url to https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/index.php

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/