cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simulating declined payments in the CIM environment

Can we review this topic a little bit? I know there is a separate post related to simulating declined transactions:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Simulating-AIM-response-reason-c...

but the things suggested there do not work for me when I use the Customer Information Management (CIM) API.

For example, in the link above it is suggested to issue an Auth & Capture transaction and assign a shipping address with a zip code of 46282 to simulate a declined transaction. There is no indication of having to use a certain amount, so I am assuming that the error should be generated regardless of what amount I use. Well, I just issued an auth&capture request for one of my payment profiles that I have created in my sandbox account and I selected an address that has the zip code 46282. The transaction was approved instead of being declined.

What am I doing wrong? The link above talks about that method of simulating declined transactions being available for the AIM API. Is it not available for CIM?

Thanks,

Eddie

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Never mind, I found the problem. It is the billing zip code that needs to have that value (46282) and not the shippind address. If I use a payment profile with a billing address containing the zip code, everything works and the transaction is declined.

View solution in original post

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Never mind, I found the problem. It is the billing zip code that needs to have that value (46282) and not the shippind address. If I use a payment profile with a billing address containing the zip code, everything works and the transaction is declined.

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor

Glad that worked for you, but I changed my billing zip code to 46282 and it still comes back "approved". Anyone else having this issue?