cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous transmission of Customer Profile, Shipping Address, and Payment Information.

I would like to use a single transaction to create the following.

1. Customer Profile

2. Shipping Profile

3. Payment Profile

I want post the transaction directly to Authorize.net to avoid having the CC information hit my server.

Is this possible using any single or combination of Authorize.net tools?

I have reviewed the docs and downloaded the SDK.

jgnazzo
8 REPLIES 8

Read the section on "Hosted Form" on the documentation

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for your quick response.

Read abount hosted forms.

We have a single web page that collects customer profile information, Shipping information, and payment profile.

There does not appear to be a single hosted form that encorporates all three, AND allows simultaneous setup of customer, shipping profile and payment profile.

If there is please include the document name and page number where this is documented.

Thanx.

For hosted form, you don't collect any CC on your site, you create a custom profile and/or shipping info, get a token, and send the customer to authorize.net site to get their CC info.

It that doesn't work for you, then the CC will hit your server.

Thanks again for your quick response.

The requirements are to collect customer profile, shipping address and payment profile in ONE step.

And send it to Authorize.net in One post to set up the customer. See http://www.hurrycane.com (hit buy now button, then click credit card button on next page to see form).  The CC transaction would be posted separately.

I am reviewing the CIM XML documentation and it is starting to look promising.

I am thinking this is the approach I want to take.  Do you have any experience with this?  I could create a template of the following file and use jquery / javascript to do the work.  What do you think? 

https://github.com/stymiee/Authorize.Net-XML/blob/master/examples/cim/createCustomerProfileRequest.p...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<createCustomerProfileRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<merchantAuthentication>
<name>yourloginid</name>
<transactionKey>yourtransactionkey</transactionKey>
</merchantAuthentication>
<profile>
<merchantCustomerId>12345</merchantCustomerId>
<email>user@example.com</email>
<paymentProfiles>
<billTo>
<firstName>John</firstName>
<lastName>Smith</lastName>
<address>123 Main Street</address>
<city>Townsville</city>
<state>NJ</state>
<zip>12345</zip>
<phoneNumber>800-555-1234</phoneNumber>
</billTo>
<payment>
<creditCard>
<cardNumber>4111111111111111</cardNumber>
<expirationDate>2016-08</expirationDate>
</creditCard>
</payment>
</paymentProfiles>
<shipToList>
<firstName>John</firstName>
<lastName>Smith</lastName>
<address>123 Main Street</address>
<city>Townsville</city>
<state>NJ</state>
<zip>12345</zip>
<phoneNumber>800-555-1234</phoneNumber>
</shipToList>
</profile>
<validationMode>liveMode</validationMode>
</createCustomerProfileRequest>

Sorry, no experence with php.

But the problem is that you CAN NOT have the transactionKey outside your server. That is your password.

Still working this problem.

I was wondering if anybody tried to do this with the Authorize.net webservice within HTML/javascript.

https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx

"But the problem is that you CAN NOT have the transactionKey outside your server. That is your password."

Exactly right, Javascript would reveal your merchant id and transaction id. It would be great if authorize.net would provide us a way to get a token to do this.

See https://spreedly.com or cybersource instead.

Hello @lukydesigns 

I've noted your suggestion to provide a Javascript/jQuery method for payment integration and am passing it on to the product team for consideration in a future release.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard