cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometime getting error: The configuration with processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider

Hi,

I have integrated CIM API with C# and most of the transactions are being processed nicely but sometime our customers are getting below error:

The configuration with processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider

Even some of the customers who faced this problem; contacted their banks and they were advised that the problem is not at the card issuer bank's end. The card issuer bank says that the problem is at payment gateway or merchant end.

I have contacted our merchant service provider which is Practice Pay Solution and they said that the configuration for our account is fine. The real declined code which they checked at their end is not

So is this a bug in API which returns wrong message i.e. return configuration error instead of real / general error ?

Please help if anybody has some idea.

Thanks,

Pawan

pawank
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi pawank,

Your Merchant Service Provider (MSP) should be able to look into the transaction and tell you exactly why the it was rejected. It will also be helpful if you contact Authorize.Net support and ask them to provide you the exact response they are seeing from the processor on that particular transaction and you can send that information when you call your MSP.

Thanks!

-Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
6 REPLIES 6

I too facing same problem......

Waiting for some expert's response

marktanyo

Hi Pawan and marktanyo,

This could be account specific, for example, if you are trying to run a transaction for American Express but Amex is not enabled on your Gateway that could be a problem or it could be a different issue. I suggest that you contact our Customer Service Department with sample transaction id’s so they can check why you’re getting this error.

Thanks!

-Joy

Joy, thanks for the reply.. This does not seems a card specific issue as all the allowed card works fine on our account and usually we got this type of error only 3 to 5 times a week.

I contacted the merchant support with transaction details but they are saying that this issue is at Vital end and my MSP can look into more detail.

My MSP is already irritated by replying the same thing that configuration is OK with my account and you are getting this configuration error because Vital is not able get the exact declined reason from card issuer bank. That's why the processor return it as configuration error to us.

My concern is only that if transaction has been declined due to any XYZ reason at card issuer bank or processor ent but it should not return error message to developer that "Configuration with the processor is invalid". It can be any other error like "General declined", "This transaction has been declined" or what so ever...

Also many of our customer whose credit card didn't work for Authorized.net has paid us through Plimus or PayPal without any issue.

Hi pawank,

Your Merchant Service Provider (MSP) should be able to look into the transaction and tell you exactly why the it was rejected. It will also be helpful if you contact Authorize.Net support and ask them to provide you the exact response they are seeing from the processor on that particular transaction and you can send that information when you call your MSP.

Thanks!

-Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I am also having the same problem could you please help me I am in emergency

I am getting “A problem has occurred “ message then, “Decision is Reject” and cannot pay for my room for Qatar 2022. Why does it reject? Bank accepts charge. Please explain.
ptymex