cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard CIM - get/update payment info?

Hi,

I'm going to use "getCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" to show my customer their billing address and credit card information (e.g.e cardholder name, masked cc, masked exp date).

I then want to have an "Edit" button on my website where it will take my customer to an edit page where they can edit their billing address info and just their expiration date info NOT their cardholder name or credit card number.

So based on the CIM_XMLguide.pdg" I see that they list a "hint" where I should call "getCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" this way blank data is not saved if I were to call just the "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" call by itself.

My question is:

1. On my "Edit" page, can I use "getCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" to retrieve my customer's data so they can edit their billing address and if they need to their expiration date, but then using "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" can I just update changes made to the billing address and expiration date only? And have no changes be made to the credit card number and cardholder name?

2. If I wanted to save a copy of the billing address to my website, since this doesn't go against PCI, can I have my programmer code my website so each time "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" or when initially "createCustomerProfileRequest" / "createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" is called a copy of the billing address is also saved in my database?

Thank you,

olimits7

olimits7
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1) Yes. Keep in mind, however, that the entire billTo section is one block - it's either not included at all or everything needs to be included. So you can't just update address if you also store phone number. And if updating the expiration date, you'll need to include the masked card number.

2) Yes.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
1 REPLY 1

1) Yes. Keep in mind, however, that the entire billTo section is one block - it's either not included at all or everything needs to be included. So you can't just update address if you also store phone number. And if updating the expiration date, you'll need to include the masked card number.

2) Yes.

TJPride
Expert