cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Subscription Transactions?

Is there any API to get a list of transactions for a given subscription id?  Maybe I totally missed it, but I don't see and API to do this.

As an alternative, it looks like I can load the subscription to get the customerProfileId and payentProfileId, call getTransactionListForCustomerRequest(customerProfileId, paymentProfileId), loop over the transactions returned in the response, and evaluate if transaction.subscription.id is equal to the subsciptionId I am looking for.  Furthermore, getTransactionListForCustomerRequest() uses paging, so I may need to call that API multiple times to get the collection of transactions for a subscription.

Seems like there should be an easier way to get the list of transactions for a subscription?

Thanks!

dnsBuffaloNY
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

The way you described of retrieving the transactions by profile and then checking the subscription ID would currently be the only way.

I can definitely see the usefulness of being able to just specify a subscription ID. Some sort of getTransactionListForSubscription() call?

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

The way you described of retrieving the transactions by profile and then checking the subscription ID would currently be the only way.

I can definitely see the usefulness of being able to just specify a subscription ID. Some sort of getTransactionListForSubscription() call?

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

Aaron
All Star

Hi Aaron.  I'm working on implementing this same approach but I'm not getting the results I'm expecting.  When I look at the Recurring Billing section on the sandbox, I can see 1 transaction completed for my subscription.  The transaction detail has a status of "Settled Successfully" with an amount of $20.  The issue is that when I get the results back from getTransactionListForCustomerRequest with the specified customer profile ID and customer payment profile ID, I get a transaction back but it does not have a subscription (null subscription property) and it has a status of "voided" with a settled amount of 0.

Hi @rmontoya12,

The getTransactionListForCustomerRequest call will only return the transactions that were performed by specifically charging a payment profile in a createTransactionRequest call, not subscription transactions. Although subscription transactions are also using customer profiles, the transactions would need to be retrieved through the subscription APIs.

Ok, I was simply following the process that dnsBuffaloNY mentioned in his post above that started this thread and I thought you had affirmed that was the way to do it.

Do you have a link to instructions on how to get a list of transactions that were processed for an ARB subscription?

Thanks!

No, you're absolutely right. I'm trying to get out the door to the airport, and my head was elsewhere. I was thinking of something completely different. Stay tuned, and I'll write an answer that makes more sense...

Hi Aaron.  Any update on this?

I'd love to now more on this as well! - Rich

I'm trying to do this method (getting the customerProfileId from the subscription list and passing it to getTransactionListForCustomerRequest) but it always returns {"code":"I00004","text":"No records found."}

what am I missing? are subscription transactions included in the list of transactions by customer api call?

sixeight