cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Separate billing address and payment hosted forms

Would love to integrate hosted CIM forms, but we can't ask people to input their billing address when they create an account and enter it again with their credit card on checkout.

It would be great if we could have a separate hosted billing profile form, and then a separate hosted credit card payment profile form. That way we can create the billing address profile when the customer account is created, and pass that id in for the payment form.

Of course, I don't mind letting the customer change their billing address, in case they add a new card, but usually people don't. And the hassle of re-entering it at checkout is going to cause some lost sales....so we're looking for another solution..maybe CREsecure or something.

But it would be great if authorize.net had a hosted billing profile form and then a separate credit card payment form (with optional billing address or pre-filled from a billing address profile we pass in).

thanks

lukydesigns
Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

You can create the profile, using the customer address as the shipping address, and it should default to that when you load the hosted payment profile form. Is that what you're looking for?

TJPride
Expert

I tried that, saw your previous comment on this issue, but the problem is that the customer is presented with a form on checkout that doesn't prompt them to enter anything. It just doesn't work to present a form like this in a checkout process.

If there was a way to have the Add Payment form from this come up, that would work, because that does fill with the shipping info. But most people aren't going to click Add Payment when presented with this, they'll think something's wrong.

Here's what people would see on the payment page:

So we really do need a way to just show the payment form, preferably with a separately stored billing address.

CREsecure seems to have a way to do a hosted payment form with just payment, but it would be great to avoid an additional monthly charge just to get that.

Has anyone else run into this problem and solved it?

Are you using the redirect method? There is an iframe popup for just billing information.

Can you tell me how to test or see the iframe with just billing?

What is the redirect method? I'm just testing with the sample code, hostedProfilePaymentsManage and hostedProfilePaymentsShipping...is there a way to get just the credit card info in an iframe?

With hostedProfilePaymentsShipping, if I use AddPayment iframe, there is no billing address info filled in and I don't want customer to have to re-enter. If I use PaymentsManage, customer has to click AddPayment, which isn't likely to happen.

I'd love to see an iframe with just credit card info entry, that's what I'm looking for, is there a way?

Are you saying the AddPayment iframe is not using the shipping address as default if you set one?

Yes, that's right.

If you set a shipping address and popup the AddPayment iframe, the billing address is blank.

The only way I've seen to have the billing address filled in is if you use the Manage iframe and then the user has to click "Add Payment". Then it does fill it in. That's the only case I've found.

Hmm, well that's really too bad. Sounds like something Authorize.net should tweak in their interface.

Still no change on this. We went to using Cresecure.com hosted payment page instead but would love to use hosted CIM. Please give us a way to pre-fill the address field when all we need is 'addPayment'.

Hi,

I am also looking for this feature. I want to pass the billing address to the hospted form (https://test.authorize.net/profile/addPayment).

I have a form with token as hidden element. Before that I am creating custom profile with email and merchant id. 

is it possible to pass the billing address with call createCustomerProfileRequest XML call? I have seen some examples where we can pass billing information when we creates paymentProfile.

Thanks

Hiraman