cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for .NET 4.0?

I read in a few recent posts that currently only .NET Framework 3.5 is supported.  Is there an ETA on support for .NET 4.0?

The latest version of the framework has been released for over nine months.  I would have expected support long before now.

Our standard project templates are based on the 4.0 framework, and modifying any that need to use Authorize.net down to 3.5 is not an option.  The only workaround we've come up with is to host a separate 3.5 web app in a different application pool that we can post requests to from our 4.0 app.  All Authorize.NET interactions are delegated to that 3.5 app.

This is definitely suboptimal, and we'd like to stop doing it as soon as possible.

bmsullivan
5 REPLIES 5

Authorize.net is not dependent on any version of any programming language. They provide an API which is language agnostic which means you can use any version of any language you want to use as long as it has the capabilities for making https connections, sending and reading xml, etc. So wherever you heard that is incorrect. If you want to use .NET 4.0 feel free.

Now if you're talking about the sample code keep in mind that it is sample code. It just shows you an example of how it all works. If it doesn't work in .NET 4.0 no big deal. It shouldn't be the code you use in your live website anyway. Just use it as an example and write production ready code that works in .NET 4.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

@stymie

"Wherever I heard that" would be this forum in the following post, from Michelle, who is shown as an Authorize.net employee:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Direct-Post-Method-samples-don-t...

I'm fully aware that I could call the web services directly, and that such an approach would be "language agnostic" but Authorize.net provides their own .NET library here  (https://developer.authorize.net/integration/fifteenminutes/csharp#csharp_sdk), and I have no interest in re-implementing the functionaility available there and hand-rolling the web service calls.

Since an Authorize.net employee specifically stated that it is not compatible with .NET 4.0, my question about the availability of an update still stands.

So what you're really asking is "when will the SDK be updated to work with .NET 4.0? " That would make things a lot clearer. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Hey so just FYI, the SDK was written in .NET 3.5 and the entire suite of functionality will be usable in 4.0, but the SDK does not support many of the new features of .NET 4.0 (like Dynamics, ExpandoObject and more).

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Patiently waiting on an updated SDK to use with .net 4.0