cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLS 1.2 test - PHP CURL error 1407742E when submitting request to sandbox

Hi,

I'm getting a PHP CURL error when submitting a test transaction to my sandbox account at https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll. The error is:

1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

Does this mean that the version of CURL on the server is not configured to work properly with TLS 1.2? From what I can tell from the PHP Info, the CURL version is 7.36.0 and SSL Version is OpenSSL/0.9.8. PHP version is 5.4.32.

Test code looks like below:

<?php

$url = 'https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll';

$ch = curl_init( $url );
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $vPostData);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, true);
$response = curl_exec( $ch );
if ($response === false) {
echo "curl_exec failed<br />";
trigger_error(curl_error($ch));
} else {
echo "response: " . $response;
}
curl_close($ch);

?>

Thanks!

jsargent3840
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OpenSSL 0.9.8 does not support TLS 1.2. Painting with a broad brush, TLS 1.2 first appeared in OpenSSL 1.0.1.