cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSACTION_DECLINED even tho network transaction reports success

Hey

we are using a chip reader from your device loaner program and android in-person SDK.

During development we have noticed a strange SDK behavior, which we would prefer to clear up before going to production.

As mentioned here http://forms.authorize.net/emvDeviceLoanerProgram we only use Visa cards for sandbox requests.

What we have observed is that with the vast majority of Visa cards the first web request the in-person sdk attempts is reported as TRANSACTION_DECLINED in our EMVTransactionListener. onEMVReadError callback, although when we inspect the app network traffic, we can see that the authOnlyTransaction was a success, we get the email receipt, and the transaction is visible in the sandbox website unsettled transactions
list.

We have found some Visa cards that work with no problem, but have no idea what makes them special.

Transaction with transactionId: 60021414341 on sandbox API is an example of the transaction which was a success, but the in-person SDK reported it as a failure.

What may cause the difference in status reported from API and in-person sdk?

Appreciate your help!

Mindaugas
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Mindaugas

I've reported your issue to the product team for analysis.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hey @RichardH

I aplogise for my impatience, but is there any progress on the analysis?

As this is the only issue holding our app from release, any kind of step forward would be greally apprieciated.

Let me know if i could help in any way.

Thank you,

Mindaugas

Hello @Mindaugas

My apologies for the delayed response but I've not received any updates from product development so I've escalated the issue.

Richard

Hello @Mindaugas

I heard back from product development and it requires an update to the SDK which should be online today or tomorrow.  You'll want to put a watch there to be notified when it's available.

Richard

Hello again, @RichardH

First of all, thank you and the development team for the update.

But we still have a question.
With the updated SDK the voidTransaction request now completes successfull, so the customers money will not be reserved anymore, thats a good thing.

But why the SDK decides to do a voidTransaction if the previous authOnlyTransaction was a success?

For reference, transaction with transId: 60023388129 was done with the updated sdk. As you'll find, the authOnlyTransaction was a success, one would think that its a green light to do priorAuthCaptureTransaction.

Thank you

Mindaugas