cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking a Cut

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in the Authorize.net platform, but I'm not sure if it can do what I need.

A customer pays me $1.00 for a digital download (call it Book A). I want to take a cut (say $0.15) and then pay the remainder ($0.85) to the producer of the digital content.

However I don't want to do this on a realtime basis. For in house accounting reasons, I'd prefer to pay the producer of the content at the end of every month. For example if Book A is sold 100 times during the month I would pay the producer of Book A 100 * $0.15 = $15.00

I know from a technical level how to store the transaction value etc so that I can calculate how much to pay the producer of the book, but does the Authorize.net platform handle sending payments?

In terms of my server implementation - I've nothing built as yet, but I'm interested in seeing whether this is viable before I go any further - so my developments requirements are completely flexible to whatever is required by Authorize.net

Thanks,

A

am
1 REPLY 1

Short answer - no. What you're looking for is electronic transfers, which are totally different from a regular merchant account. Talk to your bank about an Automated Clearinghouse tie-in, larger branches probably have something you can use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_Clearing_House

TJPride
Expert