cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Account Feature Requests

First off, I want to say how awesome the new test account setup is. The shared account was a source of constant frustration when I was attempting to debug problems, and having a full fledged account gives me much more confidence as far as testing with actual client data.

That said, during testing the process of transferring our ARB accounts to CIM I came across a few improvements that  would make the entire process much easier (at least from my perspective).

1. Send all email notifications to the address attached to the account, not the client email
  2. Add a *****TEST EMAIL**** header to all emails that are sent out
  3. Allow the mass deletion of CIM/ARB records.
I'm creating upwards of 400 profiles at a time, so I've ended up just creating a new test account each time I want to re-test the import (the alternative is manually deleting 400 records one at a time). I've got it solid now, but a mass delete would have allowed me to just use the same account and not pollute the test database.
I've run into the email issue before when testing, which has caused panic on the part of some of our clients, so this time I made sure that all profiles created had my email address instead of the actual one. Still, it would have been nice to be able to test the full import script without one line modifications before pushing it out to production.
Anyone else have additional modifications they'd like to see to the test accounts?

SamHeller
8 REPLIES 8

Hi SamHeller,

I'm glad to hear that the new test account process is helping you. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the feedback on the test accounts! I have passed them on to our development teams so that they are aware.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

Hello,

I agree that some bulk / mass functions would be a great help. As the other user mentioned a bulk delete would be great.

Specifically I need some way of transferring all my production profiles (customer and payment) over to the

test side. Currently I'm working on a batch type processor of transactions and would love to use the existing profiles I have in production

in the safety of the test environment.

Does that make sense? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Carlo.

been like 4 years when can we get a mass delete profile button?

Hello GregTampa,

Yes, this request is on our enhancement list, but we don't have a timeline for a release.  In the mean time, you are welcome to perform a mass-deletion by simply create a new sandbox account as described in the thread.

I'd also recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

Years later after the last comment about it being years later and still nothing.

I for one would like to see this "list" of enhancements...

hackalot

Hello @hackalot

We have heard this request infrequently from a few developers.  Developers can create as many sandbox accounts as they need to test a fresh instance.

You are also welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard

Hi @RichardH, any news about the mass delete of profiles? I didn't understand how to do that using the sandbox account. Is there any other documentation about that?

Thanks!

@brunomm

We don't currently have plans for a mass delete option for customer profiles in sandbox.  Instead we suggest creating a new sandbox account.

You are welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard