cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Trigger Automatic Retry

We are looking to start using Automatic Retry but as I understand it, once we enable this feature we can not revert (i.e. disable it).

Therefore, we were hoping to test our application with Automatic Retry on our development server with our sandbox account.

Specifically, we want to test a failed subscription transaction changing the status to suspended.  Since the first transaction of a subscription is handled differently (it changes the account to suspended, even without Automatic Retry being enabled), we would like the subscription to fail on the second transaction.

Looking at the available values to trigger behavior in the Testing Guide, I see we could use a zip code of 46282 to trigger a declined transaction.  We could update the zip code after the first transaction to 46282 to cause the declined transaction but currently (without Automatic Retry) the first transaction after an edit is treated as a first transaction, so again this wouldn't really be testing Automatic Retry.

Is there a way to test Automatic Retry in a sandbox account?

salcode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Rajvi,

If I understand correctly, following the steps you outline will test the AutoRetry behavior (but not test a non-"first" subscription charge fail changing the status to suspended, I'll just need to trust that behavior occurs).

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

With automatic retry, the subscription shall be suspended even if its not the first occurence for any failure related to card.

If the subscrition is supended after enabling auto retry, the Merchant must reactivte subsription to be picked up for processing by ARB.

Please try it out and let us know of any questios.

Thank you,

~ Rajvi

rajvpate
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Rajvi,

Thanks for your response but I'm still not clear on how I can test the automatic retry functionality on a sandbox account.  I don't see how to make a sandbox test credit card fail on the second payment (instead of the first).

Are you saying that with automatic retry all payments are treated the same (whether it is the first payment or not)?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please try the following ?

1) Create a subscription without the zipcode and have it run successfully

2) Update the subscription with zipcode 46282 and check the response when ARBTGen picks it up again for second cycle.

For AutoRetry, once the subscription is updated, it will be retried, whether it is the first payment or not.

Thanks,

~ Rajvi

Thanks Rajvi,

If I understand correctly, following the steps you outline will test the AutoRetry behavior (but not test a non-"first" subscription charge fail changing the status to suspended, I'll just need to trust that behavior occurs).

Thanks.