Testing ARB Suspended subscriptions

I want to test our systems response to a subscription which has been put into suspended mode due to payment failure. I can't find any way to create or modify a subscription to be in a suspended state in Sandbox, either via API or web interface. Is this possible?

Expert

Re: Testing ARB Suspended subscriptions

[ Edited ]

Since it usually mean the CC is invalid.

You can use the ARBUpdateSubscription to update the CC card info

http://developer.authorize.net/api/arb/

Cool that sounds like a reasonable approach. By 'invalid' this covers the case of CC cancellation as well as expiration? That's what we ultimately want to test.

Also, since we are using Authorize.Net test card numbers, how do I update to be an invalid card number? I only see cards which the system considers valid.

Expert

On the test server, ARB do not create transaction for testing, so it will never go to suspended

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/ARB-subscription-problem/td-p/16...

But then how can we test the API fully if we can't test response to a suspended result?

Highlighted

Bump +1 for this old thread. Has anyone determined a method for testing the update / reactivation of suspended ARB subscriptions via the API? This seems like a pretty glaring omission...

Has anyone found a solution? 

Is the only way to test this feature is to actually create a suspended subscription on production?

Thanks. 

Bumping again, we really need to be able to run tests for suspended subscription scenarios. Is there any good way of doing this?