cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing In Sandbox With Authorize.net As Gateway But Different Using Separate Payment Processor

Please forgive me if this question is a little basic but I'm not really a developer. I work for a software company and we have included the ability for our customers to use Autorize.net but so far we have only tested using Authorize as the gateway and the payment processor. Is there a way to test if it will work using Authorize.net as the gateway but a different payment processor? 

We have some clients that want to use their own payment processor but do not necessarily care what is used for the gateway. When I have asked folks in our development group I have not been able to get an answer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CityworksDavid

Yes, the integration methods are the same regardless of the processor connection with a few small exceptions.  The sandbox is not an actual processor but instead a simulator that provides responses.

Richard

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @CityworksDavid

Yes, we do support other payment processors in addition to our own.  I suggest contacting Sales to explore your options: 1-888-323-4289

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@RichardH Are the API calls the same regardless of who is processing the payment if Authorize.net is the gateway? Because we need a way to test. Thanks! 

@CityworksDavid

Yes, the integration methods are the same regardless of the processor connection with a few small exceptions.  The sandbox is not an actual processor but instead a simulator that provides responses.

Richard

@RichardH Thanks! 

@RichardH Do you know where I can find the documentation for what will work and not work? Basically what the exceptions are? 

@CityworksDavid

Yes, you can find common sandbox setup questions here: https://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/common_setup_questions/

Richard