cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a particular Transaction in live mode

I am using the new API to process card payments. In SANDBOX every thing is running fine.

I want to know that how can I send a single transaction in test mode after I switch to live. I don;t want to switch my merchant account to test mode but want that a particular transaction can be sent in test mode.

In previous AIM API we use to set a parameter x_test_request to true and achivev this but how can the same be achieve in the new API.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Anoop

anoopasta
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @anoopasta

Sending a transaction in test mode tells the gateway to only validate the credentials, it does not actually attempt a transaction.  This is true for both the sandbox and production gateway.

To validate credentials, instead use <authenticateTestRequest> http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#authentication

Test Mode should never be used in the sandbox.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @anoopasta

Sending a transaction in test mode tells the gateway to only validate the credentials, it does not actually attempt a transaction.  This is true for both the sandbox and production gateway.

To validate credentials, instead use <authenticateTestRequest> http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#authentication

Test Mode should never be used in the sandbox.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the answer. Actually live server is giving error with test cards and I want to run a test transaction. So if a transaction is running 100% fine in SandBax wil it run 100% in production as well?

Thanks

Anoop

Test cards do not work in production.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Then how do I test in production?

Is there any separate test card for production environment?

RIght now I am finding issue only in production & not in sandbox .

API request for both sandbox & production is same except TestMode/LiveMode.

Can you please suggest?

Thanks

ManigandanSA

Hi @ManigandanSA

We have the Sandbox enviornment specially designed for testing the integration with Authorize.Net, it almost covers and simulate everything which one wants to validate during theirintegration.

And after the integration is succesfully tested, one can just switch the API endpoint to production endpoint and replace the Sandbox API credentials with Production API credentials and everything should work fine.

If still you want to test something in production you can change your account to Test Mode and make a request, it will return Success if you have set your production credentials correctly.

(NOTE : Test Mode instructs the gateway to perform a credential check only)

Regards

kikmak42
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert