Highlighted

Testing error response zip codes in sandbox do not work correctly with a 0.00 amount

When testing specific error codes in sandbox we have found an issue where certain responses are incorrect if using a 0.00 amount.

An example is using zip code 46201 which should return AVS response "A".

With a 0.00 amount it returns AVS response "N", but anything greater than 0.00 it correctly returns AVS response "A".

This will be a problem for us as we are only pre-authorizing the card to validate CVV and AVS responses and do not wish to authorize any amount from our end.

Highlighted

Re: Testing error response zip codes in sandbox do not work correctly with a 0.00 amount

Hi kc-andrew

I apologize, but I don't quite follow your quandry. We do not have a 0.00 amount to generate an AVS or CCV response in Sandbox, thus this amount should always return an N AVS response.

This does not mean that in Production that would also be the case because in Production you are actually sending card data to a card issuer for authorization and validation of this detail, if provided, and it is returned in the authorization response. The Testing Guide amounts are there to allow you to test that your application handles these responses the way you wish them to before going live. 

If I have misunderstood, please feel free to clarify. 

Thank you,

Elaine