cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing on Localhost, Transaction Id = 0

Hey All -

I've been using Authorize.net for a while setting up ecommerce websites for the company I work at.

Usually we'll set up a dev site to set up the checkout and run some test transactions through our sandbox account,

recently I started testing on my localhost and run into something I just wanted to confirm.

I had to set: curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

in the Authorize.net CIM class I'm using so I wouldn't get the "SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK." error.

I noticed now when I place an order, the request that comes back says my account is in test mode even though my sandbox account isn't in test mode.

Response Reason Text: (TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved.

I'm assuming this either has to do with running it on my localhost?

Authorize.net will automatically assume the account is in test mode if it can't recognize the IP?

Thanks,

- Shane

skefellemedia
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry. My fault.

The issue was: x_test_request = TRUE

skefellemedia
Skefellemedia, I'm knew to Authorize.net and ecommerce but am working (and close) to getting a site up using nopCommerce. I think Authorize.net is the way to go but I have not setup an account yet. Do you need to sign up for a full blown account in order to use the sandbox environment? I just wanted to test it out first. Thanks for the help..
madv1457

Hey there,

You can sign up for a free test account anytime at https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount. Then you can choose a connection method and begin testing using its associated guide. This will help you decide whether or not Authorize.Net will work for your needs. 

Good luck!

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager