cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The key mismatches when we have Latin symbols with diacritics e.g àâãäăāåąæéèêëěēėę. in the street a

Hello,

We are getting the key in the response of the directpost method "x_SHA2_Hash". The value we get for "x_SHA2_Hash" does not match with the key that is generated using following code.

private function generateSha2Hash(string $signatureKey): string { $hashFields = [ 'x_trans_id', 'x_test_request', 'x_response_code', 'x_auth_code', 'x_cvv2_resp_code', 'x_cavv_response', 'x_avs_code', 'x_method', 'x_account_number', 'x_amount', 'x_company', 'x_first_name', 'x_last_name', 'x_address', 'x_city', 'x_state', 'x_zip', 'x_country', 'x_phone', 'x_fax', 'x_email', 'x_ship_to_company', 'x_ship_to_first_name', 'x_ship_to_last_name', 'x_ship_to_address', 'x_ship_to_city', 'x_ship_to_state', 'x_ship_to_zip', 'x_ship_to_country', 'x_invoice_num', ]; $message = '^'; foreach ($hashFields as $field) { $message .= ($this->getData($field) ?? '') . '^'; } return strtoupper(hash_hmac('sha512', $message, pack('H*', $signatureKey))); }

The key mismatches when we have Latin symbols with diacritics e.g àâãäăāåąæéèêëěēėę. in the street address or first name or last name..

Can anyone from the community help me to resolve this issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

nathanmungia
3 REPLIES 3
@nathanmungia

I was working with a developer on this forum and built a script for this. I started a thread on this issue alone. If your application is in PHP shoot me an IM.

If you want to build your own solution, it is largely trial and error and involves encoding manipulations. My method uses the raw post data as a url encoded string as the starting point. Took me 4 hours to work out. If you look through my various posts on sha512 hash validation threads I have several
On this topic in that batch.

The thread I started is below. The Lithuanian I with an accented bottom is a dealbreaker. I could make a script that would guarantee validation of responses with several of those characters, but it would be 3+ hours of grunt work. If your customers don’t use that I you will have an easier time designing a solution.
https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Validating-European-Diacritics-...
Renaissance
All Star

@nathanmungia 

As you are at least the 6th person to post this issue on the forum, I have decided to post my solution here.  It may be a few days as I am very busy, but stay tuned. 

@nathanmungia

I posted a PHP script that will validate these responses. If that script works, can you kindly mark this thread as solved? If it doesn’t work let me know. The script had been tested dozens of times and then I made some changes. I removed the changes and it hasn’t been tested since. I am almost certain that it will work.