cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Costs

Hi I'm using the CIM API, and am curious what kind of transaction I will be billed for. From my understanding, if I call and AUTH_ONLY and later a PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE I will be hit with two transaction charges from Authorize.net (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Will I also be charged for creating user profiles, adding payment profiles, getting transaction details, ect... ? Or will Authorize.net only bill me when authorizing a payment, and or capturing one. Thanks!

- Jeremy

Nojerome
3 REPLIES 3

Jeremy,

You are correct.  In addition to the monthly $20.00 fee for using CIM, you are also charged if you perform a transaction that requires authorization or capture.  In your specific example, there are two: one for Authorization Only and a second for Prior Authorization and Capture.

There are no fees for managing profiles using CIM, or obtaining data using the transaction details API.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Alright, thanks!

You will also get charge if you do livemode on validationMode when you create or update a CIM payment profile. As it will generate a auth_only transaction to test the CC info before adding it to the user profile.