Contributor

Transaction Details API - Testing different status responses

Is there  a way to test the different responses the Transaction Details api can respond with.  I want to simulate getting the different possible statuses a transaction can have:

authorizedPendingCapture capturedPendingSettlement communicationError refundSettledSuccessfully refundPendingSettlement approvedReview declined couldNotVoid expired generalError pendingFinalSettlement pendingSettlement failedReview settledSuccessfully settlementError underReview updatingSettlement voided FDSPendingReview FDSAuthorizedPendingReview returnedItem chargeback chargebackReversal authorizedPendingRelease

I understand ideally I can stub this out in unit testing, but currently this is not an option.  Ideally there are ways to force a transaction status.  Ex. transaction id 12937592 always returns a response of voided.

Thoughts?

Topics: 57
Kudos: 251
Blog Posts: 67

Re: Transaction Details API - Testing different status responses

Hello @rreynier 

If you use the Error Generation Guide, it will create transactions with the conditions you specify which can be returned by the transaction details API.

Richard

Contributor

[ Edited ]

How would a replicate a "voided" or returned (ach) result?

Contributor

To bring this back to the top:

Is there a way to replicate a "returned" ach transaction?

Topics: 57
Kudos: 251
Blog Posts: 67

Hello @rreynier,

It is currently not possible to simulate returned ACH transactions in the sandbox.  However, if you look in the eCheck.Net Developer Guide, you can find a list of eCheck.Net Return Codes starting on page 15.

You are welcome to submit this to our Ideas forum, so others can add their votes to yours.

Richard