cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Error Notification - Script timed out but never hit Response URL

We have been using Authorize.net for a little over a year now and never received the error message below until last week on 3/5/18.  Since then it has been occuring a few times every day.  While its only a few (~5% of our transactions) we need to find a solution.

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 0

Transaction Result: The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------The reporting of this transaction to the Merchant has timed out. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

I have contacted support a couple times and they sent me a support article about it but didnt help.  They recently pointed me in the direction of these forums.  I found a similar forum post here https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Your-Script-Timed-Out-Relay-Res...

but the issue seemed to have been resolved by clients upgrading to TLS 1.2.  Our host is/has been using TLS 1.2 so that cannot be the issue and Authorize is not even hitting the Response URL for it to time out.  The error also happens instantly so could not be a script error after 10 seconds.

Can a developer please help to identfy/resolve this issue happening.  I can provide times for each of the instances if that helps to look up on your end.

Thanks

celearn
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @celearn

A transaction id of zero suggests your gateway is in testmode, but if other transactions are successful then testmode is being set as true in the transaction request.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Our site has been having exactly the same problem since March 5th, 2018:

- About 5% of our transactions receive something like this:

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.
        Transaction ID: 40600965353
        Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

- We are on TLS 1.2

- Our logs show that Authorize.net never even reached our site

Chalk me up as another who's been experiencing this same issue at around the same time, March 3rd or so. Our server is running TLS 1.2. I'll be starting another thread on this topic now.

mps38

We are facing same issue from the 03-05-2018, 5% of transactions are failing every day.

We have contacted to authorize.net for logs and they are telling we don't have the logs for this issue.

Please let us know anybody got the solution.

We are having this same problem since March 6th.  Here are some statistics:

Out of a total of 786 transactions 61 have "timed out" producing this error (7.75%). 

However, some of our TransactionIDs begin with "4" and some begin with "6".  All of the timed out transactions have come from the group that begins with a "4".  

Out of 628 transactions with TransactionID beginning with "4",  61 have "timed out" (9.7%).

Out of 158 transactions with TransactionIDs beginning with "6", ZERO have "timed out" (0%).

I hope this gives someone a clue in searching for a solution.  This is confusing my clients.

Thanks

bhroberts52

Hello @bhroberts52

Thanks for the details.  I've escalated your information to the product team for review.

Richard

Hello @bhoroberts52

Our merchants are also facing same issue, 5% of transactions are failing every day.

Could you please let us know what authorize.net URL you are using for doing payments.

Secure.authorize.net or secure2.authorize.net

We are using secure2.authorize.net to do credit card payment

Ramesh

We are using simple checkout, and  we are using secure.authorize.net (not secure2).

All of our transactions are timing out now with SIM, as of March 30th.  I understand that a back end update was made at Authorize.net on March 29th, but that it "shouldn't have affected anything". I think it is clear from the posts that it has affected something.  We really need Authorize.net to look at this issue and get it solved.  We have production sites that are affected by this.  The transaction goes through, but never goes to the Response URL, so users think that the transaction has failed. Please help!