cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Error Notification - Script timed out but never hit Response URL

We have been using Authorize.net for a little over a year now and never received the error message below until last week on 3/5/18.  Since then it has been occuring a few times every day.  While its only a few (~5% of our transactions) we need to find a solution.

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 0

Transaction Result: The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------The reporting of this transaction to the Merchant has timed out. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

I have contacted support a couple times and they sent me a support article about it but didnt help.  They recently pointed me in the direction of these forums.  I found a similar forum post here https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Your-Script-Timed-Out-Relay-Res...

but the issue seemed to have been resolved by clients upgrading to TLS 1.2.  Our host is/has been using TLS 1.2 so that cannot be the issue and Authorize is not even hitting the Response URL for it to time out.  The error also happens instantly so could not be a script error after 10 seconds.

Can a developer please help to identfy/resolve this issue happening.  I can provide times for each of the instances if that helps to look up on your end.

Thanks

celearn
23 REPLIES 23

I obviously spoke too soon as we are still having this problem. There are fewer errors but they are still occuring. Support from them is definitely less than satisfactory. I would have hoped that enough people are experiencing this same problem that started around the same time (beginning of March) that they would have to acknowledge that it's something on their part and fix the problem. This just might cause us to start searching for another provider. I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this same issue and found something that helps. 

We started having this same issue in late Feb early March and the problem continues. We use eccommerce templates as a cart and have never had issues like before. 

We have between 5-10 of these per day. Seems to be one out of 10 at this point. 

We called Authorize.net their support suggested we talked to the cart software programmers. Nothing has changed on the cart side.

The message we get is

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (masked)

Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------The reporting of this transaction to the Merchant has timed out. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Any news on this?

D Hagood

dhagood

We have had no problems with this issue since May 4th, or 216 transactions ago.  Can we get confimation that the issue is now solved?  Or did it go away on it's own?

bhroberts52

We are still facing same issue.

We have website built using Magento 2.1.7. We are using Authorize.net for payment gateway.

We are facing below issue while checkout:

When user fills all required data including credit card details and clicks on place order button to finalize payment, Checkout loader goes infinite.. no success page appearing.

We can see few order updates via email to customer and admin with payment done and order details for some users. But majority of users complaints about the same issue. (Checkout loader goes infinite on checkout page and nothing happens)

We have checked with development team, our server team and Authorize.net team but they were not able to find the problem in process.

We did some troubleshooting, We can not see any error in server.

We discussed with Authorize.net team and did real time order process and after that Authorize.net team confirmed that there isn't any issue in their processes.

The only message (Provided by development team) is as below.

The reporting of this transaction to the Merchant has timed out. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Development team tried to check the same from their end but they were not able to find the issue.

Can anybody help me in resolving this issue?

AlexMark