cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction List

We are using authorize.net in our project. 

We need to build a report from our system which can show transaction details within a date range. How can I get that?

I checked the transaction list function in sdk, But it requires batch ID as parameter. 

ua
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry @ua, we don't offer this functionality over API today.

You can login to the merchant portal (sandbox.authorize.net or account.authorize.net) and click on "transaction statistics" under "reports" to get aggregated statistics about transactions over a particular date range.

gmokhasi
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

@ua wrote:

We are using authorize.net in our project. 

We need to build a report from our system which can show transaction details within a date range. How can I get that?

I checked the transaction list function in sdk, But it requires batch ID as parameter. 

I think I have the same problem!

Eduardo717

I would be curious what details you are looking to use. I can imagine a huge range of potential applications of transaction data, especially from a statistical perspective. This is probably the reason the API doesn't build in this functionality, because the potential needs are so broad that it would be impossible to cover them all.

Here is an idea I have for you that I think would work. First, understand that every detail of any transaction can be retrieved from a getTransactionDetails method call (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but so far there is nothing I need that I can't get). You can automate the retrieving of transaction data and also automate a db entry process for all relevant data you're tracking. Have all of the data stored in your db, and then you can export it to CSV then transfer to an xlsx or other spreadsheet file. Excel has every statistical function and need that most people would ever need. You could build a spreadsheet that does what you need, and simply update the raw data periodically. 

So the short answer is that the API does have the functionality to get you all the data you could ever need, and to also automate its storage in your systems (with you aiding the process by writing and testing scripts in the beginning, which then go on autopilot), and then you take one extra step of exporting the data.