cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction times tripled

Over the last several weeks we have experienced transaction times usually taking 10-15s tripling to 45s, this increase so much one of our vendors experienced timeout issues. We have issues with create payment profiles and creating transactions so it is starting to have a business impact and playing havoc with batch functions.

We are using .net using a webclient and a json payload and the problem is not routing as I broke down the http connectioncode and the connection and request is being delivered <1s, while waiting for a response is taking 25s (in testmode) and 45s is we do a validation.

Has anyone got any ideas or experiencing similar ?

Thanks

tv
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @tv

We don't currently have reports of gateway performance issues.  If this is an issue with your production account, I would suggest contacting customer support and opening a case with them.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi

I was asking the community as there has been a ticket raised and the answer has been far from satisfactory.

The transaction times for us are now taking x2 to x3. Our code and processing has not changed and we can replicate the exact issue.

John

tv

Hello @tv 

It may help if you describe with more detail a typical scenario from start to finish that demonstrates the issue.

Also, if you provide the case number, we can request escalation.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator

We are not doing anything complex.

Creating a profile with no payment data < 1s

Once we try to add a card to this that transaction takes >20s, we dropped the authorisation as this adds 25s to the call.

Payments are similary suffering.

It is all internal to you, I rewrote our code test to ensure there was no routing issue and from the time the actual json request drops to your servers to the response we are talking 25-45s

05692430, apparently it has been escallated and the advice is to code round these issues.

tv

@tv 

To confirm, you're doing the following in rapid succession, is this correct?

1. Create a customer profile only, no payment profile data (working well)
  2. Add payment profile to customer profile with validation mode = LiveMode (taking too long)
  3. Attempt a transaction using customer profile (taking too long)

Richard

RichardH
Administrator

Pretty much that. We keep the reference to the profile to make charges to the card at a later date.

tv

@tv 

You may have specific reasons for creating a transaction in 3 steps, but have you considered creating the initial transaction while at the same time creating a customer profile if successful by setting createProfile as true?

While your delay is abnormally large, you would likely see a short delay after creating a customer profile before the profile is available for update requests.  

When you create a transaction, or a customer profile, that is done in real time directly with our database.  When you do follow-on transactions such as updating a profile or creating a transaction from a profile, that is done using replicated data for performance reasons.  Typically, the delay is <1s but can be slightly longer due to heavy load.  However, more than 5-10 seconds would be very abnormal.

RichardH
Administrator

i will try doing the transactions in 1 call.

But I feel it will have no effect, that and we still have issues with the amount of time it takes to process payments.

John

tv

This is not going to solve our issues and I've just revisted our code and has a significant development overhead as we use the generated profileIDs. 

Secondly, this will not solve our payments also being delayed issues as well. 

Nothing we have done has changed in the last month and we suddently experience transaction issues. A 10s replication time is excessive.

John