cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions are not showing on test account

Hello,

We are switching from a different payment gateway to Authorize.net and need some help with the transition.

I created a test account on Authorize.net and changed our tests to use "4111-1111-1111-1111" credit card number with 2020/12 expiration date to post a transaction on the test account. The response code from merchant.postTransaction(.) is "(TESTMODE) This transaction has been approved."

However, I don't see the amount of this transaction showing up anywhere in my test account.

My goal is to have our integration tests to put some money in the Authorize.net test account and then be able to verify (visually or programmatically) that the money is there.

Please advise.

Thanks

alecswan77
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Settling has nothing to do with your code so settling them won't affect your integration. Test accounts and live accounts operate identically from an API perspective so once you develop your app usingthetest server you do not have to change anything except your credentials and API URL and everything will wor as tested.

Being unsettled is what is expected when new transactions are run. Settlement occurs once per evening and that's when the transactions are sent over to the bank for payment. Settleleemt is automated so you don't do anything for them. It just happens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Don't use test mode in the test account.  It defeats the purpose of having a test account. Turn that off and run your transactions normally. You should be able to see your transactions then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thanks, it turns out that my test transactions were shown under Unsettled Transactions. Is that where approved transactions show in production accounts? If so, then what do I need to do to "settle" them? If not, then how can I test my code if the behavior of TEST and PROD accounts are different?

Thanks

Settling has nothing to do with your code so settling them won't affect your integration. Test accounts and live accounts operate identically from an API perspective so once you develop your app usingthetest server you do not have to change anything except your credentials and API URL and everything will wor as tested.

Being unsettled is what is expected when new transactions are run. Settlement occurs once per evening and that's when the transactions are sent over to the bank for payment. Settleleemt is automated so you don't do anything for them. It just happens.

I have TEST MODE off, and get Merchant Email Receipt after submit CC and amount. But I still cannot see any transaction details under Reports or Search menu on my Test account. Do you know where I did wrong?

And 'TEST MODE' is shown on each email, regardless I turn TEST MODE on or off..

If "Test Mode" is shown on the email, you are running in test mode. If you are using DPM, AIM, or SIM have x_test_request set to false

Thanks for quick response. I found an issue with Spree::Gateway. It always sends test => true when initialize ActiveMerchant gem. So Authorize.net always see it is transaction in TEST MODE>