Integration and Testing

Authorize.Net API questions and help with your payment integration.

Reply
Expert
Posts: 4,525
Registered: ‎03-08-2010

Re: Trying to get DPM to work on MVC

I tested with the sample code http://developer.authorize.net/downloads/samplecode/

id attribute is use, not the name attribute

Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

Re: Trying to get DPM to work on MVC

RaynorC1emem7 - thanks for trying to help!

 

I was using Razor and MVC and it generated name attributes instead of id.  Perhaps this would have solved my problem but I wanted to take advantage of Razor in my view.

 

After nearly 3 days of struggling with Authorize.net I switched to Stripe.net and was able to get their sample application up and running in less than 2 hours and I had their interface fulling integrated into my application in less than a day.  They offered a very nice, fully functioning, sample application that made the entire process very easy to understand and quick to test and implement.

 

Authorize.net could benefit from looking at what they have done.

 

Thanks again for trying to help.

Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-21-2015

Re: Trying to get DPM to work on MVC

I think my biggest struggle with Authorize.net was getting any type of meaningful error messages from the interface.  Every time I would submit a request I got a message back stating my login id and password were invalid.  Needless to say, I spent a huge amount of time trying to figure out why this was the case when if fact my problem clearly (with the benefit of hindsight) had NOTHING to due with the login credentials. 

 

One of the most critical features when developing an interface is to provide meaningful and useful error reporting so the caller of your interface can independently identify the cause of integration errors.  Without sufficient error reporting it is impossible to call an interface without support from the publisher of the interface.  This is where my experience failed with Authorize.net.  I clearly had a problem in how I was calling the interface but the error reporting I was getting back from the call not only didn't provide sufficient information to allow me to fix the problem but even worse it sent me down a path that was ENTIRELY wrong.