cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off 3DES breaks SSL

Hi-

In my classic ASP application, submission to A.net seemed to grind to halt when they "retired" 3DES. Some on this forum apparently fixed the problem by disabling 3DES. I tried that approach but when I did that, I couldn't access any SSL pages on my site.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks

Dave

HD2Pct
7 REPLIES 7

What version of Windows are you running? How did you disable 3DES?

For 2003 - 2008, check out the post at: https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Underlying-connection-was-close...

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

@NexusSoftware wrote:

What version of Windows are you running? How did you disable 3DES?

It's Server 2003 R2.

I used IISCrypto, the utility from Nartac software. Figured it was marginally safer than a direct edit of the Registry. I have heard that others have had success with it.

Thoughts?

IISCrypto can work pretty well. Do you have a live URL to check out?

There is a lack of support for the SHA2 family of hash algorithms on Windows Server 2003. A potential fix is: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/938397/applications-that-use-the-cryptography-api-cannot-va...