cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Address Lines - CIM?

Hi,

Is it possible to save 2 address lines using CIM?

Thank you,

olimits7

olimits7
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

After researching this further; I think Authorize.Net only provides 1 address line. 

I will be dealing with a lot of international address format types which can easily need at least 2 address lines; would the following work using CIM?

I would show multiple address lines on my website, and I would save a copy of the billing address on my site with "address line 1" and "address line 2"; however, when "createCustomerProfileRequest" saves the billing address it will only save "address line 1" to Authorize.Net along with the rest of the address?

And when I call "getCustomerPaymentProfileRequest" or "updateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest", at the same time I can show my saved "address line 2" this way the customer could update this value as well?

Thank you,

olimits7

olimits7
Contributor

That  would probably work, assuming you're using regular CIM and not hosted CIM for the address updates, and assuming you don't have address matching required in your AVS settings.

Another solution that I have seen implemented is simply to store both lines of the address within the single address field.  Something like "1234 Street Rd | Suite #1000".  The address field allows up to 60 characters to be stored, so there is generally enough space for both lines.