cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete CIM Payment Profiles

When trying to delete a payment profile I get the error message ""The specified payment profile is associated with a subscription and cannot be deleted." We have no subscriptions, so this can not be true.

I contacted customer support and the response was "Currently we're in the process of implementing an update that will make the Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) and Customer Information Manager (CIM) services much better. Because of this, Customer Information Manager (CIM) profiles can't be deleted at this time. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

I tried several times to make them understand that a customer has an absolute right to have his/her information removed and it should not be subject to any limitations, and certainly should not be at the discretion of the company storing the information.

At this point they are still saying profiles can't be deleted. If true, I don't see how I can keep using Authorize.net

jgoebel
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @jgoebel

Currently you are not able to remove a payment profile used with a subscription. However work is underway to allow removal of profiles if they are not associated to an active or suspended subscription.  I don't yet have a timeline for delivery but the development work has already started.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello @jgoebel

Developers are now able delete profiles that are associated with expired, canceled or terminated ARB subscriptions.

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the update. I appreciate that this is not your fault, but we have stopped using authorize.net for this, and other, reasons.

As I said earlier, a customer has an absolute right to have his/her information removed and it should not be subject to any limitations, and certainly should not be at the discretion of the company storing the information.

To be prevented from deleting customer's data for 3 months was not acceptable.

John Goebel