cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to create customer using Rest Api

Using the below endpoint I am not able to create customer.

Endpoint: https://apitest.cybersource.com/tms/v2/customers

Using the test account I am able to create customer but using our organization account I am not able to create customer.

Can you please provide your inputs to resolve this issue.

krupakar1
2 REPLIES 2

It seems there might be an issue related to the account configuration or permissions when trying to create a customer using your organization account. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check API Key and Merchant ID: Ensure that you are using the correct API key and merchant ID associated with your organization account. Double-check the credentials to make sure they are accurate.

2. Verify Account Configuration: Confirm that your organization account is configured correctly for customer creation. Check if there are any specific settings or configurations required for the API calls to work with your account.

3. Review Account Permissions: Check the permissions associated with your organization account. Ensure that the account has the necessary permissions to create customers through the API. Some systems may have role-based access controls that need to be configured.

4. Contact Support: If the issue persists, it's advisable to reach out to the support team of the service provider associated with the API (Cybersource, in this case). They can provide specific insights into any account-related issues and guide you on the necessary configurations.

5. Review Error Responses: If you are receiving error responses from the API, carefully review the error messages. They often provide details about what went wrong. This information can be crucial in identifying and resolving the issue.

6. Check for Rate Limiting: Ensure that your organization account is not hitting any rate limits imposed by the API provider. Some APIs have rate limits to prevent abuse, and exceeding these limits can result in errors.

7. Compare Test and Organization Accounts: Compare the configurations of the test account (where it works) with the organization account (where it doesn't work). Look for any discrepancies or missing configurations in the organization account.

8. API Documentation: Refer to the API documentation provided by Cybersource for customer creation. It might contain specific requirements or considerations for organization accounts.

If, after going through these steps, the issue persists, reaching out to Cybersource support or consulting their developer documentation for account-specific troubleshooting steps would be recommended.

bilalmirza

I understand you're facing challenges in creating a customer using the endpoint "https://apitest.cybersource.com/tms/v2/customers" with your organization account. To troubleshoot this, let's go through a few steps. Firstly, double-check your credentialsโ€”make sure there are no typos and that you're using the correct API keys and merchant ID associated with your organization account. Confirm that your organization account has the necessary permissions for customer creation, and ensure your API integration is configured for the production endpoint, which could be different from the test account. Also, check for any firewall or IP restrictions that might be affecting the requests. If the issue persists, carefully review the error messages returned by the API, as they often provide insights. Lastly, don't hesitate to reach out to CyberSource support for personalized assistance. They can help investigate any account-specific or platform-related issues and guide you through the resolution process. I hope this helps, and feel free to provide more details for further assistance!

CharlesLO