cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get CVV Response, even while using AIM Example

I've completed a fully functional (successful live charges) AIM environment with AVS responses, but never any CVV responses.  My account settings for transaction version are set to 3.1, testing mode is OFF, and checked ON all CVV settings.  I've verified that I am passing x_card_code in the post, and tried both including/excluding x_version_number and x_test_request.  In the response, I am receiving 68 return fields, but always all blank after the has code in field 38. Keeping things simple, I've even tried the basics AIM Example with live api login credentials and real credit card information but still had no luck.  Do CVV responses apply for all transaction types?  I'm testing with auth_only.

Is there anything else I've missed?  Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated.  

tdmong
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unlike other card issuers, American Express does not allow merchants to verify their CID number by default.  The issue that you are seeing most likely has nothing to do with your development, but is occurring because the American Express merchant account that you are using has not had this feature enabled.  The only way to resolve this is to reach out to American Express merchant services directly and ask them to enable your account for CID verification.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Strangely, this affects only American Express Cards.  I've tried using other cards and the cvv response is correctly given.  

Case closed.   But does anyone has input as to why this is the case?

tdmong

Unlike other card issuers, American Express does not allow merchants to verify their CID number by default.  The issue that you are seeing most likely has nothing to do with your development, but is occurring because the American Express merchant account that you are using has not had this feature enabled.  The only way to resolve this is to reach out to American Express merchant services directly and ask them to enable your account for CID verification.

According to American Express, CID verification is turned on by default in all merchant accounts.

It is a bit troubling to have Card Code Status as Not Applicable for all American Express card transactions, when all the VISA, MC, Discover's Card Code Status is passing perfectly.

This is a baffling issue considering they all use the same field x_card_code

Anyone have a solution?

If American Express has recently changed their policies on this issue I am unaware of it, but in the past they have never activated CID verification for merchants by default.  We provide instructions for enabling this service within our knowledge base.  I strongly recommend continuing to reach out to American Express, there are no changes to be made within the Authorize.Net system which will change the Card Code Verification response.