cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process iOS transaction < 999

I'm using iOS 7 with the Authorize.NET iOs library and I can't get transactions over 999 to process. Doesn't anyone have a clue why? I've tried several different ways of formatting. I don't get any error other than processing failed.

TransactionRequestType*requestType =[TransactionRequestType transactionRequest];requestType.lineItems = lineItems;
requestType.amount  =[[authNetNumFmt stringFromNumber:_total]  stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"$"   withString:@""];requestType.amount  =[[authNetNumFmt stringFromNumber:_total]  stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@","   withString:@""];
requestType.payment = paymentType;// Required for card present transactions.requestType.retail =[TransRetailInfoType transRetailInfoType];requestType.retail.marketType = MARKET_TYPE_RETAIL;requestType.retail.deviceType = DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN;CreateTransactionRequest*request =[CreateTransactionRequest createTransactionRequest];request.anetApiRequest.merchantAuthentication.name = sessionManager.authNetLoginId;  
request.anetApiRequest.merchantAuthentication.transactionKey = sessionManager.authNetTransactionKey;  
request.transactionRequest = requestType;request.transactionType = AUTH_CAPTURE;[authNetInstance purchaseWithRequest:request];//pass with 999 but fail with 1000
sp1012
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @sp1012 

Are you using the sandbox or a live production or a live production account?  When you submit $999, is a transaction ID returned?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
We are in a live production mode -- we receive a transaction ID for 999 but a processing failure at 1000.

And you try hard coding the .amount to @"1000.00";, and not your code?

requestType.amount  =[[authNetNumFmt stringFromNumber:_total]  stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"$"   withString:@""];
requestType.amount =[[authNetNumFmt stringFromNumber:_total] stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"," withString:@""];

//
requestType.amount = @"1000";

Both of the above succeed with 999, but fail with 1000

You might have to debug it to see what the xml it was tryting to send. or can you capture the http traffic?

If this problem occurs in your production account, it may be a limit imposed by your merchant service provider.  I would recommend a discussion with them.

My next suggestion would be to duplicate this in the Sandbox.  This would allow us to examine the transaction details more closely.

Also, which version of the iOS SDK are you using?  Our latest version is available on GitHub: https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-mpos-ios

Richard