cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding why validateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest goes through

We have some transactions where validateCustomerPaymentProfileRequest, which is set to liveMode, goes through, but createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest gets a declined (2,1,2) error.  (This is on CIM with XML.)

I think most likely that there may be a mismatch of name or address, but I don't know why the validate transaction is accepted.  If the card information is entered wrong in some way, we would rather that the validate steps catches it first.  Shouldn't the validate step fail in live mode if the name or address is incorrect?

Newba
Contributor
10 REPLIES 10

That's right, same information, except the amount, transaction type, description, and use of an invoice number in the actual order.  That's an interesting idea to see if it would succeed with a higher amount.  I'm having someone else do the live card testing so I don't need to ask them to reimburse me for using my personal card, and so that he can possibly discover any problems that I might not notice.  So once he gets around to testing it again, if he uses the correct name and address and it fails, we can try to see if it will succeed with a different amount.